Instructed by qualified coaches to help build technique/skills. The clinic is a 8-week clinic/league for 4th -12th graders. Time will be spent working on fundamental fine tuning, offensive/defensive systems, serving strategies, hitting and blocking, and teamwork/mental toughness. Leagues/clinics will continue to be offered throughout the year to create the opportunity to ingrain skills. Coaches include Stacy Mitchell, Amy Westphal and Heidi Huck. Assisted by Jo Mikesell, Amy Hauser and many other volunteers will be there to help.
Please Call the YMCA for Start Dates.
Grades: 4th- 12th
Cost: $40 per player
Register by skill level:
Beginner – Sundays 4:30 – 5:30pm
- Little to no experience
- Makes attempts at serving, passing and setting
Intermediate – Sundays 5:30 – 6:45pm
- Overhand serve consistently
- Able to pass to general area of the setter
- Knows basic hitting footwork and arm swing
- Knows basic defensive moves
- Knows basic setting keys but lacks “clean hands” and inconsistent with location
Advance – Sundays 2:30 – 4:30pm
- Same as intermediate skills but also able to:
- Serve-receive pass consistently
- ability to serve and hit with increase velocity
- Strength to set to outside hitter
- Familiar with phrases of the game such as rotations, transitions, offense and defense
Based on observed skills, players may be moved to a different skill level at anytime.
For more information or questions about the program, call Jo Mikesell at 308-635-2318.