Restrictions / Rules
The Trails West YMCA Camp (“Camp”) is operated by the Young Men’s Christian Association of Scottsbluff, Nebraska (the “YMCA”) to promote wholesome recreation, education, and Christian fellowship. Any conduct that violates these purposes provides sufficient grounds for refusal or cancellation of Camp use.
- Alcohol is permitted in facility you have rented but is confined to indoor consumption only. Adult signing this contract will be responsible for any & all behavior, damages, additional cleaning expenses and following State laws on minors and signing adult will be responsible for any failure to comply to such laws. Possession of illegal drugs is prohibited on ALL Camp property.
- ALL buildings and the ENTIRE Camp property are smoke free. No smoking or vaping at any time while on Camp property.
- Pets, fireworks, firearms, ammunition, and chainsaws are NOT PERMITTED.
- As a group leader, you are responsible for the all actions of your group and enforcing these policies. The group leader assumes responsibility for all damages caused by your group to Camp property.
- Riverside Park closes at 11:00 PM, therefore, all day events must conclude by 10:00 PM to allow for clean up.
- No loud music or bands will be permitted to play after 10:00 PM.
- The YMCA assumes no responsibility for loss of property or belongings brought to the Camp.
- Safety is your responsibility! The YMCA does not provide medical, emergency, or First Aid personnel at the Camp unless special arraignments have been made for pool use in which case the YMCA will provide one or more lifeguards. If an accident or injury occurs, the group leader shall contact the camp director in order to be sure proper procedures are followed.
- All youth, 19 and under, shall be under the direct supervision of a responsible adult throughout the duration of your stay at the Camp.
- All outdoor fires must remain in established fire circles only and cannot be left unattended. Please be respectful of other campers at the Camp. The fire pit is available on a first come first serve basis.
- You shall keep Camp property free of all litter. We appreciate your help in keeping the Camp beautiful.
- You are responsible for awareness and consideration of other groups present at the Camp. This includes but is not limited to maintaining reasonable noise levels in cabins or facilities, maintaining proper decorum at meals, and sharing joint recreation facilities. Quiet time for overnight guests is between the hours of 11:00 PM and 7:00 AM.
- Use of program areas (challenge courses, target range, pool, etc.) must be arranged with the YMCA in advance and must be under the supervision of YMCA staff.
- When reserving a facility or cabins at the Camp, a signed contract and 50% of the total fee is required at the time you make your reservation or payment by check is required within 2 weeks of receiving the contract. A credit card is required to secure your reservation and your credit card will be charged for any damages to or loss of Camp property that may occur during your stay.
- All overnight lodging is subject to 5% lodging tax, 4.2% city occupancy tax and 7% sales tax. Copy of tax exempt forms, if applicable, are required on file before taxes will be removed.
*60 – 90 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL: 75% of total cost or what has been paid will be refunded
*30-60 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL: 50% of total cost or what has been paid will be refunded
*LESS THAN 30 DAYS PRIOR TO ARRIVAL: NO REFUND WILL BE GIVEN
* I HAVE READ AND AGREE TO THE ABOVE TERMS AND CONDITIONS AND WILL BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ENFORCING THEM DURING THE COURSE OF MY/OUR STAY. I hereby waive all demands, claims, suits, and causes of action of any kind or nature against the YMCA. and its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, agents, subsidiaries, affiliates, successors and assigns (each a, “Released Party”) which arise out of or relate in any way to my use of and stay at the Camp. To the fullest extent permitted by law, I agree to defend, indemnify and hold the Released Parties harmless against, and to reimburse the Released Parties on demand for, any payment, loss, cost or expense (including professional fees and reasonable costs of investigation) made or incurred by or asserted against a Released Party as a result of or in connection with my and my group’s use of and stay at the Camp, whether directly or indirectly.