Updated August 5, 2020
As we closely monitor the corona-virus pandemic and the role of the YMCA during this time, we strive to keep you informed about what YMCA resources are open to you.
This web page is intended to be closely monitored and updated throughout these uncertain times to give you up-to-the minute information about Y activities.
PHASE 4: Moving Forward
Phase 4 Hours:
Monday-Friday 5:00 am – 8:00 pm
Saturday 7:00 am – 6:30 pm
Before You Leave:
- Stay home if you don’t feel well.
- CDC and state guidelines encourage seniors and other vulnerable populations to stay home.
- Bring a towel and filled water bottle.
- Members age 14 years and older are allowed in the building
- Kids 8 – 13 are permitted to use the YMCA with an adult in the building. Please do not drop your kids off, they will be asked to call you to pick them up.
What to Expect:
- Enter through the main entrance.
- Members will be required to complete a COVID-19 waiver, (If you have not done so already.)
- No-contact “self-scan” at check-in.
- Social distancing required at all times.
- Wipe down equipment before and after use.
Please keep in mind that as the COVID-19 situation moves forward we will continue to evolve with your health and safety as top priority:
- All members must agree to sign a COVID-19 Waiver upon check-in.
- We are still monitoring the number of people in our facility through check-ins.
- Day passes, guest passes, or Nationwide members aged 14 and up will be allowed in the building
- Group Ex. classes will be limited and available for online sign up only.
- Members are asked to clean their equipment before/after use: Sanitize Stations are set-up throughout the facility.
- Members are not required to wear masks.
- Open Areas are:
- Circuit/Country Room
- Maintain 6-feet for safety. Rule of thumb – leave one empty machine between you and other members.
- Free Weight/Cable Room/Gallery
- North Gym – Will only be open for classes. M-W-F at 5:30 pm for Kickboxing class with a max of 25 people in the class
- South Gym – Open for Volleyball – Volleyballs are available for check out at the front desk. No balls can be brought into the YMCA.
- West Gym – Open for Basketball – Basketballs are available for check out at the front desk. No balls can be brought into the YMCA.
- 10 People – Lap Pool/Therapy Pool – open area is east hallway
- Two family restrooms available for pool users.
- Pool hours
- Monday – Friday 5:00 am – 1:00 pm ( Water Exercise class on Tues. & Thurs. at 8 am-9 am ~ pool area is only open for class during this time)
- Saturday 7:00 am – 1:00 pm
- Therapy pool max – 4 people
- Lap pool max – 6 people
- 15 People – MPR (Fitness Classes)
- Tues. – Thurs. 5:30 am (various spaces)
- Mon. – Fri. 8:30 am MPR
- Mon – Fri. 9:35 am MPR (Senior Classes)
- Mon. – Thurs. 5:30 pm MPR
- Mon, Wed, Fri. 5:30 pm North Gym – Kickboxing Class – 25 people max in this class
- Active Kids open for ages 6 weeks and up
- Mon. – Fri. 8:00 am – 12:00 pm
- Saturdays – No Active Kids
- Racquetball Court open (2 people in the court at a time)
- Hang Time/Hang Time Jr. opened
- Mon. – Fri. – 1:00 pm – 7:30 pm
- Saturdays – 7:00 am – 6:00 pm
- Parents always need to be present in Hang Time Jr.
- Locker rooms are open with restrictions to comply with social distancing regulations.
- Locks are checked out at the front desk for general locker rooms.
- For added safety to our members and staff, sweat towels are no longer available. Please bring your own towel from home.
- Circuit/Country Room
Temporarily Not Available during Phase 4:
- Regional West 24/7 branch – the YMCA and RWMC are collaborating to find the safest way to responsibly open branch.
- Hot Tub
Youth & Adult Programs
- Youth Volleyball – Starts September 12th, 2020
- For Ages 6-12
- Sign up for After School Program held at Lincoln School in Gering
- Pick up packets at the front desk at the YMCA