Lifeguard Certification & Recertification
These classes include Red Cross Lifeguard book and certification, the American Red Cross CPR certification for the Professional Rescuer (with AED) and First Aid Certification & pocket mask. Must attend all classes to complete course.
- Participants must be at least 15 years old prior to start of class.
- Registration Fee: $175
- Recertification Fee: $75
- Held at the Scottsbluff Family YMCA
Must Be Able To:
- Swim 300 yards of mixed strokes (freestyle & breaststroke).
- Tread water for 2 minutes using legs only.
- Swim 20 yards, surface dive 10 feet, retrieve 10 pound weight and swim 20 yards in 1 minute 40 seconds. Swim goggles are not permitted.
- Participants must attend all days to successfully complete course
- Sack lunch, snacks, water bottle, swim suit and towel are required every day.
Contact the YMCA for class dates at 308.635-2318