The Scottsbluff Family YMCA offered a Red Cross Lifeguard training course in January but stay tuned for our next course.
These classes include Red Cross Lifeguard book and certification, the American Red Cross CPR certification for the Professional Rescuer (with AED) and First Aid Certification & pocket mask. Must attend all classes to complete course.
February 17th, 2019
(Check out information below)
- Participants must be at least 15 years old prior to start of class.
- Registration Fee: $200
- Recertification Fee: $75
- Held at the Scottsbluff Family YMCA
Must Be Able To:
- Swim 300 yards of mixed strokes (freestyle & breaststroke).
- Tread water for 2 minutes using legs only.
- Swim 20 yards, surface dive 10 feet, retrieve 10 pound weight and swim 20 yards in 1 minute 40 seconds. Swim goggles are not permitted.
- February 17, 2019 – 1 – 6 pm
- February 18 – 21, 2019 – 5 – 9 pm
- February 23, 2019 is Recertification day at 9 am (current lifeguards that need to update their certification)
- Participants must attend all days to successfully complete course
- Sack lunch, snacks, water bottle, swim suit and towel are required every day.
Contact Triniti Burgner for more information at (308) 635-2318